Jul 9, 2012

Fire Lighter Project

Image: The Telegraph
You might think it's a bit strange for me to suggest a project that involves having to light a fire in July. Then again, it is summer, so obviously I'm thinking about barbeque's. Now you are thinking it's a bit strange because if you were to only look out the window, you're first thought would be - soggy burgers.

It's almost mid July and it's still raining. Not only is it still raining but I'm sure our house is not the only one to have had the "Will we give the heating a quick blast" conversation. The idea of summer is this. You use the money put aside for heating bills and spend it on holidays and ice cream. Simple. We shouldn't have to do both but it looks like this weather is here to stay.


Therefore, if you use an open fire quite regularly during the winter and it looks like it might get some use this summer too, then you know every fire needs a bit of a kick start. Here's 2 great ideas to make your own fire lighters from recyclable material found around the home.

Try Homemade Mama for these fire lighters made from toilet paper tubes, newspapers, dryer lint and some string.
Image: Homemade Mamas

For a more fragrant version, try these herbal fire lighters from Whole Living. These are made from pine cones and dried herbs.
Image: Whole Living
If you find that the rain subsides, just as you've completed your fire lighters, that's okay.

Like most animals preparing for hibernation, you can build up stock reserves for the winter months. Which judging by this weather, should hit some time next week.

1 comment:

  1. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY unbearable and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapies worked well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to struggling to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching and pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part of my testimony was that I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medications. Anyone who has tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can add up. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...